Hello! Thank you for looking at my profile.
My name is Shelley and I have devoted my career to studying attachment styles and their affect on how we show up in the world. I also focus on dismantling depression and anxiety; it can be done!
I work with couples and women experiencing a variety of difficult emotions, often due to life changes or transitions (marriage, separation, divorce, new job, left a job, moving to new house/state, started a relationship, ended a relationship, had a baby, anything stress inducing,... you get the picture).
I also support parents through the acquisition of skills & deepening the emotional connection with their children. I also provide EMDR for individuals experiencing anxiety or who have experience a traumatic or disturbing event.
I tailor my techniques to best meet you where you are and offer a friendly, warm, reflective space where difficult feelings, behaviors and thoughts can be safely explored in a non-judgmental atmosphere.
My education and training include:
* Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Regis University
* Certification in The Pyramid Plus approach (child development/social emotional development/parenting)
* Certification in Love & Logic parenting
* PACT (Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy) Level II
* Working toward certification in the the DARe method (Dynamic Attachment Re-patterning experience)
* Currently training in EMDR Therapy to support individuals experiencing anxiety or effects of trauma
If you have questions about my approach or techniques, we can discuss them during our introductory meeting. I offer a free 1/2 hour initial session, via phone or in person, to see we are a good fit for this journey.
Together we can create balance, health, and happiness in your life. Whether or not you chose to work with me, I am happy to answer your questions and provide support for your journey.
I look forward to hearing from you.